Thursday, January 13, 2011

Back to work ( a host of links & printables for you!)




You know you are getting older when your jetlag becomes more severe. For the past 9 years now the routine has been the same...hop on the plane the first Sunday in January, sit for 18 hours and start work that Monday. I never had any problems till this year. I even came back 2 days before work began and my clock was all out of whack. My first day at work saw me waking up at 5am and by 3pm i was D.E.A.D I was so tempted to just leave work and tell them an emergency came up. But I stuck it out and how I drove home that day was a blur.

Anyhoo the next day was a little better, got up at 6am instead of 5 and to keep me happy at work I decided to do a little decorating. I went online and trawled for pretty printable calendars and was blessed to find these. the pictures don't really do it justice. So you should go to the website to see it. Its from Jeannie and you can download it for free here (yay!) And because my creativity was at a minimal due to lack of sleep, I simply decided to follow her idea and string it up with binder clips.

One of the highlights for me in December is what I call my "Hunt for the perfect planner!" This usually starts at the beginning of December where I scope out blog posts for planner suggestions, stores for their planner selections, and online for unique ones. This year because I was too busy with work, I didn't carry out a full force hunt and was going to settle for a the Jonathan Adler planner when I decided to just take my time and continue my hunt in Singapore. Then over Christmas I got a wonderful surprise when my cousin got me the Kikki K planner! And my world was rosy again. BUT when I got back to work, I realized that albeit pretty, the planner wasn't very functional because I didn't have a monthly view which I need to keep opened on my desk all the time....I considered buying another planner for me to keep at work then decided hey..I have a color printer, the internet is at my fingertips, let's make one. And that would be the one you see on your right. Much to my surprise, the HP website has tons of printables that you can customize. I am very very happy with my outcome. Hop on over to their website here.

Yay! All these pretty things make coming to work alot better. Let me know if any of you guys end up using these printables too!

PS. my other wonderful present came from Jo who got me the kikki k customizable wall calendar woot woot! Thanks Jo!

1 comments:

Sas said...

new to this printables thing so it is good i have you to resource me haha. glad you got some lovely presents for christmas. sounds like you had a lot on your hands before your trip too with work, so glad you had a good hol in sg. thanks also for being excited with us. totally crazy. woopwoop! xoxo

Post a Comment