Saturday, July 03, 2010

Designing a life

A pretty blog - I want a pretty blog filled with things and ideas and images that I love. I didn't want a blog that documented what my day was like...my emotions...gossip... so I decided to chuck the old blog and start a new one. So I started a new blog...then I was stuck because I also wanted a blog that I could update daily. Daily life is not filled with pretty things so for the longest time I had nothing to write. I was stuck. So, a little change in the initial plan for this blog, along with pretty things, it will include my life. (spelling mistakes and all because being in America has affected my spelling lol)

Fourth of July weekend. A much anticipated long weekend. All I wanted to do was SLEEP. You see, my parents were in town (from Singapore)for the past 2 weeks and we did ALOT and I was tired. But at the same time, I didn't want to waste this weekend. So I decided to plan something. Breakfast and and some antique hunting in Old Towne Orange. If you haven't been there...you should. Not only because Forrest Gump was filmed there but because it is filled with little treasures, it is home to the Antiques Mall. I also knew other than sleep I wanted to work on a project this weekend. In particular, I wanted to pull out the staple gun I got for my birthday (thanks Winston!) pick out some fabric and tackle reupholstering a chair. And....so I did.

Called up some friends for breakfast at the Filling Station and informed the boy that after breakfast I was on a mission: to find a chair/bench to reupholster. So we walked...store to store....



And saw many pretty things, got some inspiration for * fingers crossed * a shabby chic home one day. Just as I was about to give up, I spotted it. I won't say it was THE Chair but it was up there...I knew I wanted a chair for my study desk and I knew I didn't want one from Ikea and I knew this would work. The boy gave it the OK, I paid the man, he threw it over his shoulder and before any protests I googled JO ANNS FABRICS and we were off.

3 hours-chipped nails-covered in red dust later. My chair was done. I am proud to present you with my very first reupholstered chair. This time I didn't take the easy way out. I didn't get Point to help me sand it down, I did it all by myself. My arms are aching but my heart is happy. So happy that I even threw on my bathing suit and went to do some laps in the pool. As I type this, my arms are soooo sore but it was well worth it. Can't wait till my next hunt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment