Sunday, May 20, 2012

Something exciting something new

The day is finally here. I've been wanting to make this announcement for awhile now.  You see when people ask me about cardmaking I always say "oh I'm still new to it." But that day, I sat back and looked at all these old pictures and it hit me, I'm not new anymore. I've been doing this for about 2 years! So that's when I decided to "up my game" a little.
I've always daydreamed about how people got these awesome jobs working for scrapbook magazines, two peas, teaching classes etc and I knew that just sitting and surfing blogs was NOT gonna get me there. I knew that at some point in my life it would be nice if my passion could be my everyday job. Don't get me wrong, I love what I'm doing now and I wouldn't change it for the world but something related to crafting would be awesome too. So that's when I googled "design teams" and I stumbled on this page called "design team calls"

Alright, let's do this I thought. But alas, most of them require a link to your blog and yeah my blog has been dormant for a good year or more. So I kinda just closed the window and was dejected.  But that next night I thought, oh what the heck, you never know till you try. So I did. I knew I didn't have experience making 12x12 layouts and that I was more of a cardmaker so I had to find something related to cardmaking and by some divine intervention - Let's make greeting cards had a design team call. Long story short, I turned in my submission, very candidly explained why my blog was almost non-existent and about a month later here I am. Owner of this proud button.

I'm honored to be part of Let's Make Greeting Cards and even though its only been a few weeks, I've met some amazing ladies. I'm excited for the next 3 months.  

You can check out the rest of the design team here

And you can check out the tutorial I submitted here --

http://www.lets-make-greeting-cards.com/mothers-day-card-to-make.html


Stay tuned for more projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment