Thursday, July 08, 2010

Color Inspiration: Purple

One of the things on my list to do this summer is to redesign the space about the desk in my room. Right now, all that is occupying it is 2 fabric covered bulletin board things. I need a change. So I have been trawling the internet to look for some inspirations and being that I am into "purple" right now (read:bought purple shoes, purple dress, purple clutch) I looked for stuff in that color range. Then i realized that the chair I just reupholstered for the room wasn't going to match purple so I had to ditch the purple idea. But I loved the pics I found and wasn't gonna lose them to some random folder in my computer so I decided to post them up here so when I do get my cottage one day and can redecorate my space and finally paint the walls, I'll have some inspiration.

So here goes:


I love EVERYTHING about this room, from the purple and white to the wall art to the ottoman in front of the bed (growing up I always wanted a chest in front of my bed for my secret toy stash) to the flowers on the night stand!!! But being that I can't paint the room in my apartment purple... I might have to settle for wall art and fresh flowers instead.



So maybe a whole purple room won't fly, but here are some purple accents to save the day! Apart from being that royal purple, this chair looks sooooo comfy like you could sink into it and never want to leave. I also lovelovelove the big arched window in this room. Unfortunately, windows this big are a pain to clean, so i'm cool on all that.



Alright, I wasn't too sure about this one...but I think if you have minimal furniture in your room and semi barren walls this could work. I still like my desk to be a neutral color though.

And if all else fails....I guess I could just keep my decor to purple accents like these



One day soon...I'll have my purple

0 comments:

Post a Comment